You're not a professional detailer but you wanna polish your paint...
This is your kit.
Our DIY Paint Correction Starter Kit gives you what you need to remove light/medium swirls, create a super high gloss and leave your paint with solid protection!
This kit comes with or without the Griots 6" Dual Action polisher and allows you to pick your own protection option! Choose either our Signature Shine brazilian carnauba wax with an applicator pad or our Daddy-O! paint sealant with a red waxing pad, it's up to you!
Saturday is looking like the perfect day to spend getting your ride dialed in with our "DO-IT-YOURSELF" paint correction kit!
- Optional: Griots 6" DA polisher
- Classic Cut versatile compound - 16oz
- Classic Polish versatile polish - 16oz
- (2) 6" microfiber cutting pads
- (2) 6" microfiber finishing pads
One of the following protection options depending on which you select:
- Signature Shine paste wax with applicator
- Daddy-O sealant with red foam pad
Here are your steps:
3. Apply Classic Cut using the microfiber cutting pad and machine at speed 5
4. Apply Classic Polish using the microfiber finishing pad at speed 4
5. Protection Step: either apply a thin coat of Signature Shine paste wax using the white applicator pad or use the red waxing pad and Daddy-O! paint sealant at speed 3.
- The more thorough you are with step #1 - the better results you will get. Use slow arm speed and cycle the product all the way out till it's almost transparent. Keep your pad clean during compound and polishing steps using a pad cleaning brush. Visually split the vehicle into 4 sections. Change pads on your polishing machine a quarter way through the job. This allows the pads to cool off, promoting the life of the pad. Go back to the cooled off pad after each quarter section.
- OPTIONAL STEP: If your vehicle has softer paint you may have some light haze in the paint after your 2nd polishing step with Classic Polish. This will require a quick 3rd step to remove the light haze. Use Classic Finish with the HDO black foam pad to quickly remove the haze and leave the finish nice and clear, ready to be topped with your protection option!
Now you've got your paint looking good, how do you keep it that way?